Cell Phone Norms
Husky campus cell phone policy. It is a privilege to be able to have a phone on campus. It should be used for personal communications and only be accessed during authorized times. Some teachers may permit students to use a phone in class if it is an academic reason.
Students must exercise socially appropriate norms when using the phone.
To ensure all on campus can focus on the lessons at hand and create an environment for learning and enrichment:
- Students may bring cellphones on campus if they follow the protocol.
- K-5 students may only use or take out their phones before and after school.
- 6-8 students may only use or take out their phones before and after school and during lunch.
- If a student has their phone out in class or during passing period, they will be asked to put it away. If they do not immediately do so, the teacher of staff can ask for the phone. Teachers and staff can give the phone back at the end of that period.
- If a student refuses to give the phone to the teacher or staff member, and a monitor needs to be called, the phone will be kept until the end of the school day. The student will come to the front office at the end of the day to retrieve the phone.
- If a student refuses to give the phone to a monitor, and an administrator needs to get involved, the phone will be kept until a parent or guardian can come meet with the administrator and pick up the phone. It may stay overnight if the parent cannot get to the school.